Kamdhenu Cow is the mother of all cows and is considered as a wish fulfilling cow. According to Shastras, Kamdhenu Cow is considered to have emerged from the Samudra Manthan (Churning of Ocean). Kamdhenu cow is also known by the name of Surabhi. Kamdhenu cow is also considered as the mother of 11 Rudras.
In Hinduism, everything living or non-living, human or animal, tree or river is considered as the evidence of God. In Bhagwad Gita when Arjuna asked Lord Krishna “Keshav, are you God??” then Krishna replied “Yes I am God as you are and everything in this universe is. Everything that belongs to God is God himself”. Thus we believe that God is in everyone and everything that symbolizes God should be worshiped.
Cow is most sacred and auspicious creation of God. Usually, we term cow as the mother of mankind and call her as Gau Mata. It is home for all the 33 crore deities of Hindus. It is believed, to get the blessings of all the 33 crore deities, in one go one should serve cow.
- It is believed that Lord Hanuman resides in the tail of the cow that repels the negative energies of black magic, ghost etc.
- Goddess Lakshmi stays in the dung of cow and brings luck, money and prosperity.
- Goddess Ganga, considered as the purest deity in Hinduism is believed to reside in cow’s urine. It is sprinkled before starting any religious or spiritual ceremony.
- According to Hinduism, the four Purusharthas i.e. Dharama, Artha, Kaam and Moksha are in the feets of the cow. By serving a cow one can get all of these in his/her life.
- In the head of a cow, Lord Shiva stays and gives faith and confidence to those who worships the cow.
- Lord of divine nectar (Amrit) lives in the milk of cow. It gives health and a disease-free life to one who worships the cow.
- Lord of Fire (Agni Devta) resides in cow’s stomach. By feeding cow one gets the energy of fire and charm on his/her face.
Though Kamdhenu cow is not seen physically but it is believed that by having her idol at home or at the place of business helps in attracting prosperity in life. Usually, Kamdhenu Cow idol is either placed in the South West section of the home or in the North zone of the home. Businessmen place the idols above their cash counters too.