In Hindu mythology, goddess Lakshmi is worshipped in several forms. The eight forms of goddess Lakshmi that are revered by the devotees are collectively known as Ashta Lakshmi. The main aim to perfom this puja is to attain the eight forms of wealth (prosperity, good health, knowledge, strength, progeny, courage, success and power) where goddess Lakshmi is presumed to reside.
As per the Stotram the list of Ashta Lakshmi is as follows:
Adi Lakshmi - the primal mother goddess
Dhana Lakshmi - goddess of material wealth
Dhairya Lakshmi - goddess of patience and self-restraint
Gaja Lakshmi - goddess of power and strength
Santana Lakshmi - goddess of off-springs and progeny
Vidya Lakshmi - goddess of wisdom and knowledge
Vijaya Lakshmi - goddess of victory
Aishwarya Lakshmi - goddess of comfort and luxury
Mantra For The Puja
“Om Shreem Mahalakshmi Namah Ashta-Aishwaryam Samridhim Mey Dehi Tapaya Swaha Shreem Mahalakshmi Namah”
Benefits Of The Puja
Puja helps in attaining wealth, peace and prosperity.
The seeker is blessed with the divine grace and blessing of Goddess Lakshmi.
All the family problems are consumed by the holy power.
It takes away all the barriers from your path and help you lead a happy life.
1. Firstly sanitize your body and start with a clear and positive mind frame.
2. Sit in the direction facing East.
3. Light the incense or diya.
4. Lay fresh flowers and fruits on the altar.
5. Open the Yantra and place it along with the image of the deity of yantra and the Goddess.
6. Take the water with a leaf and sprinkle the water on yourself followed by sprinkling the water on the Yantra.
7. Then purify your soul and surrender yourself completely in devotion to God and chant 108 times the following : \"Om Namha Dhandayee Savaha\"