Lord Shiva is one of the most admired deities of the Hinduism and constitutes the “Trimurti” alongside Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma. Devotes all across India worship Lord Shiva in temples and at home to seek his mighty blessings.
Benefits Of Shiva Puja
· Worshipping Lord Shiva plays an important role in enhancing the spiritual growth.
· It helps you make the best decisions in life.
· It is very constructive for the women whether married or unmarried.
· Married women worship lord Shiva for the endurance of their son and husbands on the other hand, unmarried women worship Lord Shiva for receiving the ideal husband like him.
· Helps to attain Moksha or salvation in the afterlife.
· Helps you become more ambitious and achieve professional success.
Shiv Lingam is the foremost requirement.
Items such as Incense sticks, Ghee, Lamp, Matchbox, Panchamrit, Bilva, Garland of fresh flowers are required.
Hugging linga, ringing the temple bells should be kept in mind while the puja is performed.
Shiva Puja Vidhi
· To perform the Puja, devotees must get up early in the morning.
· Taking a bath early in the morning is essential to cleanse one’s mind, body and soul.
· One must observe strict fast on that day.
· Mantras like the Shiva Bija Mantra, Maha Mrityunjay and other Shiva’s mantra are necessary to be chanted during the puja.
· Abhishekam is one of the very important custom when it comes to performing Shiva Puja. For Abhishekam, it is required to have Punchamrit which is prepared with these five ingredients- Ghee, Sugar, Water, Honey, Yogurt and Milk.
· Then one must offer Bilwa leaves and place them on top of the Shivling.
· During Lord Shiva puja it is requisite to chant Shri Rudram, Dasa Shanti and Chamakam.
· Apart from it, Ber and jujube is also offered.
· Light up the lamp with ghee and incense.
· One must also read the Stories, hymns and mantras that are related to Lord Shiva.
· Next day must begin with the morning bath and worshiping of Lord Shiva. Later, take the prashad and thus, puja gets completed.