THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF RUDRAKSHA
- 1 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – Single faced Rudraksha is Shiva himself, which provides the fruits of salvation and liberation. Only its glimpse will already rectify brahma-hatya (the killing of a Brahmana). This Rudraksha is considered to be the king of all Rudraksha and represents Pure Consciousness.
- 2 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – This is the form of Devdeveshwar and symbolizes the unite form of Shiva and Parvati, also commonly known as Ardhnareshwar. It harbors immense mystical power. Vedic scriptures boast about the belief that two mukhi Rudraksha carries the entire evolution of cosmos within and thus it is a special blessing to mankind. Two natural lines or faces are found on two mukhi Rudraksha which is its key identification.
- 3 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA –The Rudraksha with three faces is the symbol of the Three Devatas i.e. (Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesha) and is very powerful like the Firegod himself. The person who wears this Rudraksha will always get the blessings of the three Devas accompanied by the three powers, manifesting as the fire-god Agni. The way fire consumes everything and still remains pure, the wearer too gets free from all sins or wrongs of his life and returns to purity when blessed.
- 4 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – It symbolizes Lord Brahma (the God of Creation) and is worshipped as the symbol of Chaturanan (the one with 4 faces / heads). The wearer of this Rudraksha will gain the four aims of Human Life, called ‘dharma-artha-kama-moksha’ i.e. virtue, wealth, pleasure and emancipation. Visually, four linings from head to bottom are observed on four mukhi Rudraksha at equal distance.
- 5 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – represents the form of Shiva termed as ‘kala-agni-rudra’. Symbolizes Pancheswar or Panchmukhi Shiva. It is also associated with the five Pandavas and the five Elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Ether. Five Mukhi Rudraksha controls the five elements in the body of the wearer, therefore kills all diseases related to these elements. This Rudraksha delivers all liberation and fulfils all wishes.
- 6 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – It is very dear to Lord Kartikeya (Lord Shiva’s second son) and is the source of his energy. This Rudraksha has to be worn on the right hand. Even goddess Parvati has graced six mukhi Rudraksha with her eternal blessings. It gives learning, wisdom and knowledge, increases confidence and will power and helps maintain Brahmacharya (Celibacy). Moreover, it saves us from the worldly sorrows.
- 7 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – Seven faced Rudraksha is SaptamatradhiDaivat, Saptashyadevat and SaptamuniDaivat. It symbolizes the seven divine mothers, the seven gods and the seven Rishis (sages).The seven divine mothers are called Saptamatrikas; the seven great sages (stars) are called Saptarishis; and the seven gods are called Saptadevatas.
- 8 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA –Eight faced Rudraksha is the form of AsthamurthiBhairav and represents Lord Ganesha, the God of Prosperity and good fortune (Lord Shiva’s first son). This Rudraksha has eight linings displayed on its surface. It helps effectively in starting of a venture or a project or any devotional activities or even in re-launching of loss making ventures. It is extremely helpful for business & overall prosperity.
- 9 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – Rudraksha with nine faces is said to be the form of Bhairav and Kapilamuni. Its Adhisthatri deity is Goddess Durga, the devi who takes nine forms called ‘Navdurga’, who had nine incarnations and came to the earth nine times to protect pious and defeat the impious.
- 10 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – It symbolizes ‘Janardana’, the form of Lord Vishnu (the Lord of Preservation) and is also believed to represent Dasha-avatar meaning the ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu. Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vamana, Parasuram, Ramachandra, Krishna, Buddha, and Kalki happily reside on ten-faced Rudraksha.
- Other Rudrakshas include Dvaadasha, Trayodasha, Chaturdasha. Some of the very rare Rudrakshas include Gauri-Shankar Rudraksha, Ganesh-Gauri Rudraksha, Ganesh Rudraksha, Ganesh-Gauri-Shankar Rudraksha, Trijuti Rudraksha,
- 11 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – It is ruled by 11 Rudras. According to the ancient texts, the Karmic value obtained after performing 1000 Ashvamedha Yagya and 100 Vajpaye Yagya is obtained by simply wearing this bead. It bestows the wearer with high level of awareness, divine consciousness, wisdom, right judgement and control over all senses.
- 12 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – It is ruled by the Sun God and it bestows upon the wearer, the qualities of the Sun – to rule and shine with brilliance, radiance and power. It helps the wearer to get rid of all the stress, tensions, anxiety and suspicion. The wearer gets blessed with self-confidence, energy and motivation in life.
- 13 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha is blessed by Kaamdev. It is known to fulfil all the desires including perfection in alchemy, research work and medicine. Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha is also blessed by Lord Indra and as such the wearer gets the blessings of all the Devatas. It gives spiritual attainments as well as materialistic success. After getting rid of all the sins, the wearer can seek death of his choice. Many consider 13 mukhi Rudraksha as blessed by Goddess Mahalakshmi. A person wearing this Rudraksha gets multifold benefits by offering prayers to Goddess Mahalakshmi.
- 14 MUKHI RUDRAKSHA – This Rudraksha is blessed by Lord Shiva himself and is known to have been directly produced from his eyes. It is known as controller or Ajna Chakra (Medulla Plexus), which is located between the two eyebrows. One who wears this Rudraksha finally gets nirvana (freedom from cycle of birth). It helps in opening of the Ajna Chakra and thus improving visualization power. It is like the third eye of Lord Shiva and helps people to protect themselves and make correct judgment in every action they plan. The wearer purifies the ancestors and brings fame and purifies the soul of the forefathers. This Rudraksha not only improves the present, but sets right the past and makes the future completely foreseen and positive.
RUDRAKSHA: BENEFITS OF THE HOLY BEAD
Rudraksha beads have several amazing powers due to their electromagnetic character. This electromagnetic character empowers the bead to cure the human body medically as well as spiritually.
Its benefits include:
- Faceless Rudraksha (Nirankara) is most powerful.
- One chaturmukha (4 faces) Rudraksha and one shanmukha (6 faces) Rudraksha tied together with copper wire and wearing with red thread as a (talisman) shivashakti locket will improve the attentiveness, memory growth, interest in studies, etc., Boon for studies, aged, pandits, astrologers, leaders, etc.
- For the bite of a Scorpion or other such creatures panchamukhi Rudraksha can be rubbed on a grind stone with the juice of lemon and the paste applied on the affected spot. Pain will subside.
- Those who take the bath by keeping 9 (nine) Rudrakshas in water will get equal benefits of Ganga Jal Bathing and energy gaining.
- The person who wears a Rudraksha always possesses good health, is respected by all and is capable of attracting everybody.
- The Rudraksha has a high profile in Tantra and spiritualism, especially Nara Gosha, and Graha Dosha.