Varalakshmi Vrat is devoted to Lord Vishnu’s consort Mahalakshmi. The vrat is basically to appease the Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity. The festival finds its roots in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka by the ladies. Varalakshmi vrat is performed on the full Moon Day in the Sawan Month. The fast is observed by the ladies for the welfare of the family and by those who wish for a child. Varalakshmi is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu’s wife Goddess Laxmi.
The legend states that there was a Brahmin Woman Charumathi who lived with her husband in the prosperous town of Kundina. Extremely impressed by Charumathi’s devotion and dedication towards her family, Goddess Laxmi appeared in her dreams and told her to worship Goddess Varalakshmi to get all her wishes fulfilled. She was supported by her family in performing the puja and was joined by many other village ladies. It is believed that worshipping Varalakshmi is equivalent to worshipping 8 goddesses of Wealth, Earth, Love, Peace, Fame, Pleasure and Strength known as Ashtalakshmi.
The Varalakshmi puja is very fruitful and is done generally by women of the house for the welfare of the family members. Varalakshmi puja is believed to shower the devotee with abundant wealth and financial success and also with sound health. Following are the benefits of performing the varalakshmi puja
· By performing Varalakshmi Puja one is showered with abundant wealth.
· Getting Financial success
· Promotes healthy personal relationships
· Sound health is enjoyed
· Success on any endeavour taken in hand
· Peace and calmness of mind
Varalakshmi puja procedure
The varalakshmi puja procedure should be followed to perform the puja and get maximum benefits out of the puja.
The following steps should be considered to perform the puja correctly
· Women should get up early and take bath
· Entrance of the house should be made ready to welcome Dhanalakshmi by smearing Turmeric.
· A small Mandap is set up and Rangoli is made in front of it.
· Rice is smeared on the Rangoli and a kalash is placed at the center.
· The kalash is nicely smeared all over with turmeric.
· A coconut is placed over the Kalash
· A cloth is placed over the Coconut such that it looks like a cap
· The image of Goddess Varalakshmi is made on the coconut
· Flowers are offered to the Goddess
· Lord Ganesha is worshipped and then the Mantra is chanted and Aarti is sung in praise of Goddess Varalakshmi.
Varalakshmi puja is very beneficial if you want to have a long and healthy life.
To know more about upcoming festivals contact us at 9582515505 or click on the below links: