Goddess Saraswati is symbolized as an elegant woman in white, a figure of purity and peace. She is the Goddess who signifies knowledge, learning, arts and culture. She is pictured as the serene Goddess wearing a crescent moon on her brow riding a swan or mounted on a lotus flower. Saraswati Puja is performed to pay adherence to the Goddess of learning. “The best time is considered Puvahana Kal which starts from sunrise till the noon”.
BENEFITS OF SARASWATI PUJA
· Saraswati Puja ensures blessings of Ma Saraswati in channelizing knowledge and wisdom in individual’s life.
· Saraswati Puja showers strength and positivity that provides empowerment in life. It helps you in having better power to recognize and accomplish your goals.
· Saraswati Puja directs towards a path of understanding, knowledge and enlightenment.
· Goddess Saraswati is the sign of purity and tranquility, the worshipper connects with this divine power.
The essential materials required to perform this puja are Mango Leaves, Aasan Made by Wool, Incense Sticks, Rice, Ashtagandha, Scent, Sandal,Lamps, Dhoop, Cotton Wicks, Fruits; specially yellow fruits like Papaya, Mango or Bananas, Ganga Jal, Ghee, Gud/ Jaggery, Kesar/Saffron, Red Holy Powder, Match Box, Sweets; specially Kesar Halwa/Yellow Mithayi, Idol of goddess Saraswati, Panchamrit.
SARASWATI PUJA VIDHI
· Install a new and cleansed idol of Goddess Saraswati on a wooden platform.
· Make sure at the time of buying the Goddess Saraswati idol, it must be wrapped in red or yellow dress.
· Place your account books, bill books, academic books, pen, pencil and other stationery in front of Goddess Saraswati.
· Light up the lamp having ghee and incense sticks.
· Keep chanting the mantras, while meditating. Connect with the Goddess through complete devotion.
· Mark a Tika made up of sandalwood on the forehead of Goddess Saraswati.